Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 118

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking!)

  1. #81
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Yeah Paul, I love Paul! I especially like those first three albums you mentioned and I like MCCartney II a lot too!
    I guess if you skip past the silly love songs, Paul has always ROCKED!

    Let Me Roll It is one of my favorite Ex-Beatle songs.

    I was lucky enough to see Wings LIVE, on Paul's Birthday, in 1976!
    It was definately a ROCK show and it was magic!

    Just picked up his new one. Will listen to it tonight!

    Gotta run...
    later dude!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #82
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I grabbed montery pop 1967 and bootsy coolins anthology my god, classic SF bay rock scene and funk!

  3. #83
    Inactive Member home girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2006
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Charlie that was a great find on that montery
    pop festaval i have it on vhs and love it.Gus
    what'cha think about wings over america? to me
    that was a great 3 album set.

  4. #84
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The beauty of Montery Pop is that considering it's 1967 (40 years ago) the music really holds up well. Sometimes music from that era can sound dated or "hokey".
    A big surpirse for example is the Mama's and the Papa's. We have all heard thier music over the years and it of course has that real SF sixties sound, but it sounded fantastic in this context.
    So long story shot if you love music, it's a nice pick up.

  5. #85
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Oh yeah! I think I'd have rather been at Monterey than WoodStock or any other "pop" festival!
    That was our generation's moment in the sun. Flower Power was groovy baby!

    We used to have little mini-pop festivals here in Tucson back then but it was nothing compared to monterey!
    I love the video! Seeing "his majesty Prince Jones move amounst the crowd and 10,000 electric guitars grooving real loud" can't be bad!
    A few years ago, some of the previously unseen footage was shown on TV. I got to see The Animals, Canned Heat, Simon & Garfunkle and some other great performances, from Monterey Pop!

    I read John's and Michelle's books and both of them were worried at the time. The Mamas and the Papas hadn't rehearsed together, in so long at that point, that they were worried their harmonies would be flawed but, in my opinion, they were flawless.
    John Phillip's organized the whole MONTEREY POP thing and did a great job!
    I saw Scott McKenzie doing a never before heard John Phillip's song on PBS a while back! He was an inspired songwriter, for sure! Too bad, he lost his way, for so long!

    Hey Janet, I love that Wings Over America set! It's Wings LIVE from the same tour, I saw them on, so it always brings back good memories!


    BTW, I am totally impressed with Paul McCartney's new CD, now that I have had a chance to hear it! One of his best, for sure! He is in GRRREAT form!

    I also just listened to Lindsay Lohan's sophomoric effort and it's really good. It's called A LITTLE MORE PERSONAL! Not bad at all!

    Later music fans!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #86
    Inactive Member home girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2006
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The montery pop festival definitely withstood the
    test of time i wasn't born till 1968 i think i
    was in my early teens when i first heard it and
    kinda fell in love with that era of music.and gus
    paul mccartney was by far my favorite beatle and
    to this day there's very little that i don't like
    by him so i'll definitely be getting his new cd soon.

  7. #87
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hi Janet,
    Well, I can't say Paul is my favorite Beatle because that distiction goes to John but the Lennon & McCartney partnership makes it hard to see them seperately, in many ways.
    All four of the Fab Four are special, in their own ways and the combination was like magical musical dynomite!

    I love Ringo's RINGO album because they all came together, on that album, to help their friend, three years after the break-up!
    If only, Paul had joined in on I'm The Greatest! It would have been a full scale Beatle reunion!

    So close......and yet so far!!! //oo\\
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  8. #88
    Inactive Member Shades Of Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2006
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by gus danger:
    What is with this band I saw on Letterman the other night!

    BLONDE REDHEAD

    I figured with a name like that they might be worth checking out!
    Turns out, she ain't a redhead or a blonde!
    She is a brunette. Japanese, I think!

    Well, the performance was quite mesmerizing and aroused my curiousity to hear some more!

    Anybody heard this band?
    What do ya think?
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    GD
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">blonde redhead rules gus.

  9. #89
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Thanks Shady Dude!
    I will be getting some Blonde Redhead in a few days!
    Looking forward to hearing more!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  10. #90
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    To celebrate the first anniversary of LOVE - Cirque De Soleil,
    Larry King will have Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono and
    Olivia Harrison on his show, this coming Tuesday, on CNN!

    Don't miss it...It should be FAB!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic